With the arrival of Covid the students are spending lots more time outdoors and there are over 1,100 of them! We urgently need to raise funds to provide more and improved outdoor seating, tables and covers to keep the girls dry right now and in the shade when the summer comes round.
The seating is needed during the current Covid crisis and way beyond that, it will improve the well being of all the students all year round, to be able to enjoy the outdoors and maximise the precious break and lunch times.
Normally at this time of year Friends of Beaconsfield High School (FoBHS) would be flat out putting the wonderful Becky High Festive Fair together, sending you raffle tickets to buy, asking for tombola donations, sourcing hamper prizes and making cakes and chutney! Last year, thanks to all the 100's of super generous donations of time, bottles, chocolates, raffle prizes etc from parents, we raised over £11, 000! The block buster fund raising event of the school calendar.
We haven't been able to run any of our in-person events this academic year, so we are asking all the wonderful parents and supporters of Becky High to convert their generous Festive Fair contributions into a cash gift for the school this Christmas via our Friends Christmas Crowd Fund!
A few pics as a reminder of last year...
For every £10 you donate you will be entered into a draw to win one of three fabulous Fortnum & Mason Hampers, each worth £150.
So for example if you donate £30 you will get three entries into the hamper draw, if you donate £50 you will get five entries into the hamper draw.
We will draw the three winners on Friday 11th December and do our very best to get the Hamper to you by the end of term. Assuming you are local!
Donations after the draw on Friday 11th December will not be eligible for a prize draw. Though the Crowd Fund will stay open for donations until the first week of January.
(Please scroll down to the bottom of this page for full Terms and Conditions)
This Crowd Fund is being run by the organising Committee of the Friends of Becky High.
The Committee is made up of a small core team supported by a brilliant and vital extended team of supporters running ongoing schemes e.g. Sainsbury's, Becky High Hundreds, School Uniform shop etc and those getting involved setting up various events over the year; Yr 7/8 Disco, Quiz nights, Bollywood night, Disco Through the Decades etc (pre-Covid!). We are also hugely helped and supported by the network of dynamic Form Reps who keep parent communications alive and thriving.
And as ever Friends works hand in glove with the management and staff of the school and it's brilliant to have the full support of Mrs Smith and her fabulous team including the wonderful Comms and Development guru Sarah Melvin for our first ever Crowd Fund.
Thank you everyone in advance for adding Becky High to your Christmas Gift List and contributing to the vital fundraising work for Becky High, its staff and students.
Happy (nearly) Christmas!
Deborah -Chair of FoBHS on behalf of the team: Ela - Treasurer, Jen - Secretary, Lucie - Vice Chair
Terms and Conditions of the F&M Hamper Draw
• Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
• Open to anyone (over the age of 18) in the UK.
• Entries will be accepted up to 10am 11/12/2020.
• Entrants may enter as many times as they'd like.
• One entry in to the draw for every whole £10 pledged/donated.
• A funder who wins a hamper will not be eligible for any subsequent draws i.e. you can only win one hamper per funder.
• Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
• To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with your name, address and contact telephone number to Friends of Beaconsfield High School, c/o Beaconsfield High School, Wattleton Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 1RR
• The winners will be chosen at random and contacted after the draw on Friday 11th December 2020. They will be contacted by email or telephone and we will endeavour to deliver the hamper (assuming you are local ) or arrange collection of the hamper from the school. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 1 week.