The Government has paid for the majority of the new building and they have also paid for most of the fixtures and fittings. However, a lot of these are fairly basic and the school took the decision to upgrade many of them. There are also quite a few additional items that we feel will bring enormous benefits to our students and will change their experience and education at the school from good to AMAZING.
Our funds are limited and so we are asking for the support of the current and future parents, the community, local business, friends and relatives and all of the previous students or the alumni of the school.
The new building will provide a state-of-the art, safe and energy efficient teaching and learning environment which meets the outstanding standards we have set ourselves as a school.
The redevelopment of Tring School has been the largest school rebuild of its kind taking place in the UK over the last two years. It will be fantastic for both the students and the staff as we all move in for January 2022. It will also be fantastic for the town and the community of Tring and the surrounding villages.
The project has seen a number of our old buildings taken down and replaced with a new three storey block. Facilities include:
- state of the art science laboratories
- excellent design, technology and art facilities
- new dining room with a spectacular atrium
- learning resources centre
- sixth form centre
- four court sports hall
- activity studio
- every single teaching space will benefit from new and high quality ICT equipment
- dedicated area to support the pastoral care and emotional well-being of the students
- the front of the new building will be some 65 metres further back from the road and reducing the impact on the local community has been a key element in the exterior design and landscaping.
We need your help to be able to fit out all of these spaces in a way that will make them exciting and inspirational for the students of Tring School.
The extra facilities and equipment we need your help to purchase include:
- 86 inch interactive screens in every classroom
- cricket nets for 4 lanes in the sports hall
- high quality dining room furniture
- electronic scoreboard in the sports hall
- additional art and photography facilities including fitting out the dark room
- bus shelters and bike racks
- outdoor furniture for the students during break and lunch
- planting in raised beds to create fantastic green spaces
- trees for the front of school to create a boulevard
- fixed outdoor sports equipment for student use during break and lunch
- additional furniture including high back stools for science, LRC desk and Sixth Form Centre
- video wall in the dining room
- high quality sound system in the activity studio
We cannot buy all of these items without your help, support and generosity. Please don't delay and ensure that you make your donation today by clicking on the donate links.
Please see lots more information including amazing drone footage via link below.